2016 Individual Income Tax Return Checklist
Did you receive? If Yes, this information is required to complete your return.
Lump Sum / Termination Payments
- Payment summaries from all employers and/or government agencies.
- Payment summaries and ETP statements
- For each account; bank/building society name, account number, amount earned.
- For each share; company name, franked and unranked amounts, imputation credits. (Or provide dividend notices).
- Did you incur any costs to earn this income, such as investment loan interest?
- Details of all receipts & all related expenses and copies of all BAS forms lodged and associated calculations.
- Fund name and copy of Annual Tax Advice (as provided by the Fund Manger at year-end).
Income from Sale of Assets
- Capital gains and losses occur on sale of assets such as real estate, shares etc.
- To calculate any gain/loss, provide the purchase and sale dates, values and associated costs.
- Property address, gross rent received, details of all expenses relating to each rental property owned including interest.
Did you spend money on? If Yes, this information is required to prepare your return.
- Make, model and registration number of the car used, Log Book (if available) and details of expenses, or distance travelled.
Please advise how vehicle was acquired (purchased cash / hire purchase / lease / novated lease).
Other Work Travel
- For each trip provide details of travel destination, purpose of trip, costs of travel & accomodation. If travel is for 6 or more continuous nights, do you have a travel diary or itinerary?
Uniform & Protective Clothing
- Provide receipts for all items purchased or repaired during the year.
Laundry & Dry Cleaning Expenses
- For professional dry cleaning & laundering, provide receipts. For home laundry, provide estimated number of work wash loads per year.
Income Protection Insurance
- Details of Policy type and premiums paid during the year.
Sun Protection Items
- If you are an outdoors worker you are entitled to claim for sun protection items such as sunscreen etc.
All Other Work-Related Expenses
- Details of all expenses incurred in relation to your occupation.
- Details of charitable organisations and the amount of each donation.
- Courses of study undertaken and details of all associated expenses.
Private Health Insurance Policy
- Name of health fund, membership number and type of cover (ie hospital/ ancillary/combined). Please provide annual tax statement received from health fund.